Sunday, June 17, 2012

Wild Nights in the Boro - Preface

I left home Thursday afternoon bound for the Boro with a friend of mine. She'd come to Portland that morning with her father and we were determined to make some lasting memories together in the few hours we had before her return to Murfreesboro. (If you'd like to read more on that, check out my blog post entitled "Heaven at Paradise.") When the time came for her to go, we, instead of saying our goodbyes, concocted a plan for me to join her for a night while she house sat for her brother. We pulled a few strings, put on our puppy faces, and got the "OK." We then embarked on the greatest adventure we've probably ever had together.

There's your intro.

I am about to, over the course of the next few days most likely, put down on screen all of the adventures and stories I have to tell from our excursion to the Boro. I'm opting to chop up our weekend into short stories because there are so many, and I'm currently about to sign off and go have some ice cream upstairs with the family gang and then hit the town again. Or do anything else that pops into our young adventurous minds. But I didn't want to go any longer without an explanation for my lack of posting lately. I was supposed to only stay Thursday night. Then only Friday night. Then only Saturday night. And now I'm staying another night yet again. (Between you and me...and the world wide web...I only packed for one night. So yes, this has been the adventure of a dirty barefoot hippie.)

Sayonara for now.


No comments:

Post a Comment